Message Update error occurred Mac – When the Norton Server come across any problem with the LiveUpdate the user gets the Error Message: “An update error occurred” on Mac. The error generally gets fixed on its own within 24 hr and then you can run the LiveUpdate again. If the problem persists even after 24 hr then you can manually fix the error. All you need to do is to download and install the virus definitions and then run LiveUpdate in your Norton product.
Message Update error occurred Mac
Step 1: Update the Virus Definitions
Follow these steps to download and install the virus definition your device. Follow these easy steps.
- Open your web browser on download Virus Definitions
- A MacNIS6.pkg.zip file will start downloading on the device. You can access this file from your download folder.
- As you can see this is a zip file. You have to extract the files and then install the setup file.
- Just go to the Download folder of your Mac device.
- Double-click on the file that you downloaded.
- Once the installer begins, follow the on-screen instructions to install the Virus Definition on the device.
- You would be required to agree with the term and conditions of the Software to completely install it.
Now you have installed the latest version of the Virus Definitions. The next step is to run the Norton Live Update on the device to remove the error message: “An update error occurred”.
Step 2: Run LiveUpdate
- On your Mac device, click on the Go on the Apple menu bar.
- Then select the Applications on the next screen.
- Here in the Applications, double-click on the Norton Security to Launch the Norton application.
- You will be redirected to the Norton Application window.
- On the main page of Norton Application, click on the LiveUpdate.
- Run the LiveUpdate until no further update available for the Norton product.
Check whether the Error Message: “An update error occurred” still occurs on your Mac device.
More about the Error Message: “An update error occurred” on Mac
Depending on your location, you may get the error message differently. Here are some examples of the error that user gets and can be fixed by following the same steps.
- Norton update error Mac
- Norton live update failed Mac
- Norton live update error
- Norton security Mac scan error
- Norton LiveUpdate failed to complete 2017
- Norton installer is not working properly due to an error that occurred during LiveUpdate
- Symantec live update error Mac
- Mac update error
Even after following the above steps, you still get the Message: “An update error occurred” on Mac then you need a Support from a skilled technician. Call us at our toll-free number for support for issues related to Norton regarding any device. Do not risk the security of your respective device and call now.
Hope you like the article related to “Message Update error occurred Mac”!